The Ever After and friends are continuing their regular May gig at the Brasserie Beaubien this Wednesday. Last week was a lot of fun and this Wednesday promises to be the same as we welcome special guest Blue Thump! Blue Thump are an old feel bluesy/jazzy duo that relishes in the sounds of music from a past generation. Their music has hints of the past, while still being rooted in the present. Featuring vocals, music and lyrics by Cecilia Foecke and joined by guitarist Angelo Zarra, they will be playing songs off their forthcoming EP due out soon. Cecilia has a truly soulful voice,with elements of Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald but with a sound all its own – definitely not to be missed. You can check Blue Thump out on their website and facebook.
The Ever After will be playing a set of originals and covers as usual. We are also pleased to have a some DJ’ing from the Resident Alien who will be demo-ing some new tracks for an upcoming release in the fall. So it’s shaping up to be a good night and we look forward to seeing you there!
The Ever After et leurs amis poursuivent leur gig régulière en Mai à la Brasserie Beaubien ce mercredi. La semaine dernière a été super et ce mercredi promet d’être le même. Nous sommes ravi d’avoir Blue Thump avec nous! Blue Thump sont une duo bluesy / jazzy qui adore les sons de la musique à partir d’une génération passée. Leur musique a relents du passé, tout en étant ancrée dans le présent. Avec le voix, la musique et les paroles de Cecilia Foecke et rejoint par le guitariste Angelo Zarra, ils joueront chansons sur leur prochain EP devrait sortir bientôt. Cecilia a une voix vraiment “soulful”, avec des éléments de Billie Holiday et Ella Fitzgerald, mais avec un son de elle-meme – certainement à ne pas manquer. Vous pouvez voir Blue Thump sur leur site Internet et facebook.
The Ever After joueront un set de musique originaux et covers comme d’habitude. Nous sommes également heureux d’avoir le DJ/Producer Resident Alien qui va jouer quelques nouvelles chansons pour un nouveau album sorti en automne. Donc, il promet d’être une nuit excitant et nous avons hâte de vous y voir!
The Ever After va vous aider à monte la bosse tous les mercredis à partir de Mai à la Brasserie Beaubien (73 Beaubien E – Montréal). Laissez vos troubles disparaissent quand vous dansez toute la nuit à un mélange “Hot” de Rock, Funk et RnB des années 60, 70 et aujourd’hui. Avec Andreas Blachere à la guitare, Matt Palynchuk à la basse, Greg Ritchie à la batterie. La spectacle commence a 21h.
Let The Ever After help you make it over the hump every Wednesday starting in May at The Brasserie Beaubien (73 Beaubien E – Montreal). Let your work troubles melt away as you dance the night away to a hot blend of Rock, Funk and RnB from the 60s, 70s and today. Featuring Andreas Blachere on guitar, Matt Palynchuk on bass, Greg Ritchie on drums. Show starts at 9pm.
It’s been a few weeks now since the YES Art Expo and we’ve been meaning to post an update about the experience but have been slammed. It was a great experience! We met a lot of other great artists (both performing and visual) and the Theatre St James where the event was held was truly a special place to perform. The organizer of the event Jennifer Cooke deserves special mention for putting on such a well run and thoroughly enjoyable experience. Thanks YES Montreal – we had a great time!
We have to sound check and get ready for the YES Art Expo VIP party tomorrow so we will not be playing our regular Thursday slot at Le Depanneur Cafe. We will be back next week though!
We are thrilled to be playing the 5th Annual YES Montreal Art Expo. It is a 2 day event taking place at the Théâtre St-James in Old Montreal. The Ever After will be playing several showcases throughout the day. The event will feature 60 artists from all over Quebec who will be showcasing and selling their unique works of art. Admission is free. It should be a terrific event!
Below is the text from the YES Montreal website with some more information:
Friday March 20
4:30 ‐ 8:00 PM Open Admission / Performances
Saturday March 21
10:00 AM ‐ 5:00 PM Open Admission /Performances
265 St-Jacques West – Montreal
- Showcase, celebrate and create marketing/sales opportunities for our clients hailing from Montreal as well as the regions, and representing a variety of artistic disciplines from visual to performing arts and everything in between.
- Bring together and create an exchange between business, community, cultural industry leaders and emerging artists to foster cohesion, support and economic benefits for our community.
- Expose the general public to the wealth of artistic talents and products being created by YES artist clients.
- Contribute to long-term career development and sustainability of YES artist clients by helping them build their networks through visibility and credibility-building opportunities.
- Peruse and purchase some unique creations from an array of 60 participating Quebec artists, notably YES’ most gifted Artist Program clients who will be selling one‐of‐a‐kind paintings, prints, photographs, jewellery, craft objects and more.
- Take in a live performance or two.
- Network and talent‐scout.
- Meet representatives from a number of Montreal’s essential arts service & support organizations.
- Hear from major business leaders why they support the arts and what new synergies can be created by bringing business and arts together.
Thursday afternoon residency continues for a few more weeks.
The Ever After will be playing a regular Thursday afternoon set in the Mile End at Le Depanneur Cafe (206 Rue Bernard Ouest) at 1pm. It will be a mix of acoustic originals and covers, new and old. It’s a great cafe, with good food. A nice place to stop on a snowy afternoon and enjoy a coffee and some good music. Best of all: It’s free!
The Ever After have set up operations in the lovely city of Montreal, Quebec. More to come…